Monday, March 2, 2009

Big news in the Cook household....

We're having a baby!

We've actually known for about a month now but wanted to wait until we were further along to share the news. We told our families this weekend so now the news is out!

I had my first appointment a few weeks ago and all they did was a bunch of paperwork and bloodwork. I go back next Thursday for an exam. I did my due date calculations and am getting that I am currently 8 wks. with a due date of Oct. 9th. When I went to the Dr. they did their calculations with their little wheel, and are saying I am 10 wks. and due Sept. 28th. I think my caculations are more accurate because when I did it online I was able to adjust my cycle length because it's not average. The wheel they use at the doctors is for an average cycle. When I was telling her this she said she will have a better idea when I come back for my exam. So we'll see.

Are they able to tell about how far along you are by a regular exam and no ultrasound?

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Ahhhhhhhck!! And you did not CALL ME?!?! OMG I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!!

goofy2lisa said...

So excited!
The doctor maybe able to give you an estimate, but the ultrasound will be the most accurate.

Leslie Collins said...

You are PREGNANT???!!!!! Yay!!!! Congrats. I am stinkin' happy for you guys. Can't wait to hear more. You always said you had nothing to blog about, but now you do. :)No excuses. :)

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Thats sooo exciting!! Im sooo happy for you Maria!! October is a great month to have a baby! *Lukas was born in October! :)
Hope things go well for you, keep us posted!

Emilie said...

Congrats Maria! that is so exciting. Now you will have lots to blog about! :)

Katie said...

CONGRATS!! Fun times!!

Anonymous said...

congrats!! :) i am due last week of september/first week of october too. hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

jenny said...

congratulations! you really do have something cookin' now! :)